Senior Physicist / Magnet Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturer of superconducting magnets and cryogenic systems.
- Modelling of magnetic (mainly superconducting) systems using industry standard tools including OPERA, COMSOL Multiphysics and other analytical tools.
- Design and development of cryogenic and cryogen-free superconducting magnet systems.
- Generation of line-up information for the drawing office; checking and approving of detailed drawings.
- Generation of working instructions and procedures in accordance with the Company`s ISO9001 Quality Assurance policy.
- Project management of projects and parts of major projects.
- Specifying and conducting tests in the workshop; recording and interpreting results in accordance with quality and health & safety policies.
- Liaison with partners and suppliers in all parts of the world as required.
- Generation of technical reports for internal use and external publication.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified in physics or a physical science course, possibly to PhD level.
- Expertise and knowledge of a subset of the following:
- Superconducting magnet design
- OPERA 2D / 3D - Static magnetic and transient analysis, COMSOL Multiphysics simulation software package
- Superconducting joint, quench protection and Persistent switch design
- Impregnation techniques for magnet designs
- Cryogenic vessel heat load calculations
- High standard of spoken and written English. Good interpersonal communicator
- Effective problem solver
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a fast-paced team
- Magnet Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job