An opportunity for a PHP Software Engineer to work as part of the web scalability team, work on a wide range of greenfield projects using a modern tech stack.
The organisation is technology focused and have a new range of greenfield projects to work on, primarily centered around their core data analytics platform. As a Senior PHP Engineer, you will influence the strategy and best practices throughout the development lifecycle, such as comprehensive testing, continual improvement, continual delivery etc.
The back end team writes in PHP 7, using Symfony 2/3, MySQL, Postgres and Docker, and they are exposed to Big Data and Machine Learning products, so use Hadoop, Presto and Hive extensively.
This is a senior position, for someone who wants to be involved at every stage of the SDLC and influence the strategy and tech roadmap.
* Deep and Broad knowledge of PHP 5/7
* Expert knowledge of one or more MVC frameworks such as Symfony | Laravel | Zend etc.
* Excellent experience of API's and Web Services
* Familiarity with database technologies e.g. MySQL | MariaDB | PostgreSQL
* An interest in the open source market and personal projects!
* Linux experience
* Experience of Agile methodologies including Scrum, Test / Behavioural Driven Development, Continuous Integration / Deployment
* Excellent communication skills are a must!
Salary for Senior PHP Software Engineer:
£65,000 - £80,000
Nick Goodwin - Senior Consultant at Reqiva
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job