Senior / Lead PHP Developer
My client are a leading Data Science Company based in the heart of the vibrant city of Brighton in its long established 'tech hub’. This company have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Senior or Lead PHP Developer to work on the next generation of their analytics platform that is used by major global industries and high profile international brands to provide them with extraordinary customer insight.
As a Senior or Lead PHP Developer you will be joining a highly collaborative team of web developers working in an Agile environment. The team all share an innate love of Data Science which is revolutionising the world of technology and commerce and they are ideally looking for a like - minded Developer for the team. You will be working on complex data driven applications implemented in PHP technologies.
The Development team share ideas as much as possible with the aim of writing ever better code. They work in sprints, the use Jira and git, they write tests and review all developer code. This team has a real camaraderie and team spirit along with a fantastic working environment.
Skills and experience:
You should have some skills and experience in the following:
- Highly familiar with object-oriented programming in PHP and modern MVC frameworks
- Understanding of software design fundamentals and an ability to write well structured, maintainable code
- Understanding of MySQL and relational database fundamentals
- Highly articulate communication skills and strong attention to detail
Any skills in the following would be advantageous:
- Big data, large scale web apps and optimising MySQL
- Administration of Amazon AWS services such as EC2 and RDS and DynamoDB
- Linux server administration
- Unit testing
- Vagrant, git, bitbucket, ansible
My client offer a great benefits package and extensive training budget for their developers. So if you are interested in developing complex Big Data applications then please apply for this great Senior PHP Developer role.