iRecruit Specialist are working with a growing organisation based in Fleet who are recruiting for a Senior PHP Developer to work within a busy development team who will be producing complex bespoke websites.
You will be supporting and enhancing an existing Zend Framework 2/3 that is used to create websites and toolsets. It will also involve creating other innovative technology solutions that support and enhance businesses. It will entail a mix of developing complex business logic & functionality, SQL database programming, intuitive user interfaces and general all-round system development.
As well as good backend PHP & SQL experience, you must have good jQuery, HTML and CSS skills, and be able to produce well-presented and usable, user interfaces. Any strong front-end skills would be a definite advantage for this role.
- Be part of, and lead if required, any architecture, hosting, system administration and database administration initiatives, including strategy, roadmap, design, administration and support activities
- Developing new features and supporting the existing tools as required
- Check and verify that solutions the developers produce, are to the correct standards of quality. Monitor rework and bug fixes that occur, spot trends and implement changes to mitigate, to increase future quality
- Ensure requirements are properly articulated and support the team in making appropriate and realistic estimates
- Identify and recommend any improvement for process or solution
- Identify and advocate potential process and tooling improvements.
- Manage developers and give guidance, to ensure they create solutions, to scope, time and budget, that are produced to the standards defined in the company development methodology, using efficient, scalable, re-usable code; together with good user interfaces and experiences, and wherever possible, designed to be generic and self-service for the users
Essential Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable 5+ years of experience in web development
- Object Oriented PHP 5 Web Programming
- Zend Framework 2/3
- HTML 5, JQuery & CSS3
- Git version control, related processes, e.g. Gitflow, and hosting
- Relational databases and SQL (ideally Oracle)
- Ability to understand and develop complex business logic
- Ability to plan and prioritise tasks, anticipate problems and act to minimize risks. Manage time effectively
- Ability to interact with stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Ability to work in an Agile and Waterfall environment