Senior PHP Developer - Sunday Times #1 London
My client is one of the UK’s leading customer generation companies. They are a rapidly growing business - they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track, and since then grew 278% per annum before tripling in size again. They now employ over 350 staff in the UK and USA and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
They are on a mission to accelerate their clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get them there!
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted in the Top 4 Places to Work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2016, and why they are constantly looking for ways to make their company an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry, work with world-class talent, develop their careers and become part of their remarkable culture.
Do you want to work with the Smartest Tech and the Sharpest Minds?
Our clients' Technology team vision is to create Industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. Our client expects most of their growth to come from great ideas their team members generate, with their collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. They strongly believe it is their team that can deliver this impact.
The engineering team delivers the unique set of bespoke products which have contributed to the organisation being recently recognised as the UK's Fastest Growing Tech Firm. They support all departments throughout the business in delivering their world class services and adding massive value for all their customers.
The Role - Senior PHP Developer
Our client are now investing heavily in the development of a world class engineering function.
As a technology and data driven business, they recognise the key role outstanding PHP Developers play in helping them achieve their vision.
PHP Developers within the business have unique access to and involvement in the business and its direction. Collaborating with colleagues from across the company they play a key role in helping to define the scope, architecture and implementation details of projects at all levels and have a real impact on the commercial outcomes and ultimate success of each project.
They value PHP Developers who are proactive and react swiftly, so you will contribute to the live code that underpins the business from your very first day. At stand-up you will meet the team and the product stakeholders, take ownership of your first task and begin to provide your solutions.
You can expect to be fully involved in the team from the start, including participating in code reviews and daily stand-ups. You will provide insight into the delivery of current and upcoming team tasks. By the end of your first week you will have submitted your first pull request, successfully passed the code review process and put your first changes into production.
Responsibilities of the Senior PHP Developer:
- Identify, communicate and act on opportunities for improving systems you are working on.
- Provide accurate estimates for tasks you own.
- Work effectively within an Agile environment, and identify incremental improvements to processes.
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your engineering effort.
- Produce quality code which meets or exceeds their best practices, and participate in code reviews of colleagues' work to help them achieve the same high standards.
- Test your own code to satisfy business acceptance criteria, and help your colleagues test their work in the same manner.
- Improve their codebase by writing appropriate unit and functional tests.
- Understand the different environments your code will operate in, and use existing automated deployment processes to move code through UAT, staging and into production.
- Ability to investigate issues which arise in production and suggest solutions.
Their Ideal Senior PHP Developer:
- Previous experience of software development, ideally in Java, Ruby, Python OR PHP
- Is commercially astute with demonstrable experience of delivering business impact
- Has experience of working in a Lean and Agile team with strong focus on continual improvement
- Comes from a strong coding background
- May have experience of mentoring more junior colleagues
- Leads the way by identifying, sharing and championing engineering best practices
If you have a true passion for Technology and are driven to learn, develop and become world class through a data centred approach to Development, then please apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Benefits & Perks of Senior PHP Developer:
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"