Xact Placements has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Senior PHP Developer who is looking for a position where they can truly make their mark. Our client is a Digital Agency who has recently launched a brand new cutting edge product and needs a Senior Develop who can take the reins and take it to the next level.
The majority of the work will focus on supporting, developing and enhancing the product admin dashboard, databases and APIs. You will be working as part of a small development team and will be expected to give your input to provide the best solutions to technical challenges and to improve current systems. The work will include implementing custom data and forms for new clients, beta testing, as well as providing frontline support to new and existing clients. You will need to demonstrate that you can work under pressure and to tight deadlines with a commitment to providing an outstanding level of service to customers. As an extra incentive our client is offering equity to help ensure that you will deliver the product to the best of your abilities.
If this excites you then please read on!
A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of the LAMP stack
- Industry experience working with a modern framework such as Yii, Laravel or Symfony
- MySQL database knowledge
- Version control system
- Root cause analysis skills
- Fluency in English
- Great people skills, by email, over the phone and face to face
- A positive attitude, attention to detail and customer oriented
- Good multi-tasking and organisational ability
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines under pressure with a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Experience writing APIs
- Testing code with frameworks such as PHPUnit
- Node JS
- Written plugins for Craft CMS
- Worked with document storage such as Mongo db
- Using command line tools
- Have previously worked as part of a team developing a product
- 10+ years commercial experience
- Set up new clients
- Beta testing
- Support customer queries and implement amends
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- Work as part of the team to develop new system features and improve the product
- Being part of a small team, developing a cutting edge and rapidly growing software service
- Pension Scheme