Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients' daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer to work in a fast pace Pharmacovigilance department. The department works across a number of therapeutic areas including multiple sclerosis, rare disease, dermatology, oncology, consumer healthcare, primary care and vaccines.
This Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer's position is based on an initial 12-month contract at Sanofi's Reading site. This role will cover all business units within Sanofi.
The role will also allow the individual to use their sound knowledge of Pharmacovigilance legislation to provide accurate and timely processing and management of a diverse set of pharmacovigilance activities in order to contribute to an efficient pharmacovigilance service. To assist in the overall evaluation of pharmacovigilance data received and identification of potential pharmacovigilance issues. To assist and support the Pharmacovigilance Manager in managing the department workload (including workload assigned to our outsourced vendor) to ensure the accurate and timely processing of pharmacovigilance data.
The individuals must ensure that the Pharmacovigilance Manager is informed in a timely and accurate fashion of potential safety, compliance, quality and regulatory issues.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer:
- To be responsible for local risk minimization activities, signal detection activities and benefit risk evaluation.
- Prioritise and manage individual and team workload (including outsourced activities) and maintain accurate and comprehensive documents.
- To be responsible for the accurate day-to-day oversight or processing of pharmacovigilance data and ensuring that company and regulatory timelines are met.
- To assist and support Pharmacovigilance Managers and other team colleagues with preparing and compiling PV data for review and drafting reports, including as required: company database searches or requests for company database searches, literature and other searches, as needed.
- Highlighting any company/sponsor compliance concerns with PV obligations and liaising with team colleagues, particularly the Pharmacovigilance Manager to ensure follow up to address any issues identified.
- To be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of assigned Pharmacovigilance procedures in accordance with current regulations and company policies.
Essential requirements for the Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer:
- Life science degree or Qualified Health Professional (e.g. pharmacy technician, pharmacist, nurse).
- Previous substantial work experience in Drug Safety, pharmacovigilance, pharmacy, nursing or medicine.
- Sound understanding of the principles of Pharmacovigilance.
- Attention to detail and good organisational/analytical skills/time management skills.
- Familiarity with use of Pharmacovigilance databases.
- Good presentation skills.
There is a very healthy hourly rate available with this Senior Pharmacovigilance Officer's position.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'