Do you have an indepth knowledge of thermodynamics and a passion for analysing performance?
This is an exciting role for a proven engineer with a background in numerical simulation to join us and enhance the capability of our Systems Architecture, Performance and Aerothermal (SAPA) team.
As a company at the forefront of engineering innovation - pioneering access to space. We're led by our values and are committed to using our technology to benefit the world, making a difference to the environment, society and managing our operations in a responsible way.
You’ll be responsible for performance analysis making use of in-house tools and methods.
The SAPA function contributes to projects across a range of industries and applications. These include aerospace, automotive, and thermal management solutions and in particular the design and analysis of advanced heat exchanger products. The team develops and maintains complex toolsets and is responsible for aerothermal and performance analysis in support of product development and experimental programs.
Depending on your expertise you’ll be accountable for some of the following:
- Leading Preliminary Vehicle Trade Studies with the aim of identifying the optimum vehicle or system configuration catering to applications from high-speed flight and space access to commercial aviation.
- Leading Performance Analysis in Support Test Programs through detailed thermodynamic analysis using in-house tools and methods.
- Leading Preliminary Cycle Studies by modelling competing system architectures catering to different industries.
- Contributing to internal software and methods development.
- Performing Heat Exchanger Sizing activities using in-house 1D tools and methods.
- Writing technical reports and presenting work output to peers, seniors, and partners.
You'll need to have:
- An in-depth knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid dynamics and heat transfer
- MSc degree qualification in a STEM subject
- Proficiency in MATLAB and/or Python
- Experience in one or more of: thermodynamic cycle modelling, vehicle and trajectory modelling, or supporting performance analysis for rig programs
- A passion and flair for solving technical challenges
- A desire to work on a variety of projects in an autonomous and dynamic environment.
What we offer you
We have some fantastic benefits that sit alongside a great salary and flexible working.
- Dynamic Working (where your time is split between working from home and in the office)
- Company Share Option Plan
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years' service
- Bonus Scheme
- Subsidised childcare at Culham Nursery
- Life assurance (3x annual salary)
- Family friendly policies
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employer matching pension up to 5%
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee recognition (STAR Awards)
- Annual Professional Membership
- Health and wellbeing discounts & wellbeing challenges via our EAP
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Enabling net zero.
Transforming high-speed flight.
Pioneering access to space.
Our people have always been our most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. We take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities and experiences that will help us achieve our ambitious goal.
- Fluid Dynamics
- Heat Transfer
- Aerospace Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'