Job Description For Vacancy No: 238557T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Senior Performance Engineer - Engines
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: An opening has become available for a diesel engine performance engineer to join the C2.8 and C3.6 Product Development team in our client's Global Engine Development. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out performance and emissions development work that will make significant contributions to the C2.8 and C3.6 NPI program. As a Performance Engineer, you will be a key member of the team, taking a leading role on a variety of product development projects covering performance and emissions development, validation and certification disciplines.
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering or Science Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Previous engine performance and emissions development experience is essential, ideally gained working for a diesel engine manufacturer.
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills with the ability to lead small project teams effectively.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Simulation-based product development experience is desirable
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Previous experience using MATLAB and SIMULINK Systems is desirable.
- Leadership and execution of product development projects with responsibility for meeting programme deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with technicians, engineers and other process partners.
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of issues - clear communication with process partners.
- Provide clear conclusions and recommendations based on effective communication of detailed data analysis.
- Prepare formal documentation in technical reports / sign-off packs.
- Process ownership
Salary: £44,000 to £50,500
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, bonus, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
- *Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering or Science Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience. *Previous engine performance and emi
- ideally gained working for a diesel engine manufacture