This role will be ideal for someone who has spent some time as a Pensions Administrator, who is seeking some career progression into a Senior Pensions Administrator.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing day-to-day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of client work to agreed deadlines to comply with legislative and clients’ requirements.
• Acting as a key member of the pensions administration team, providing support to the assigned administration manager and where applicable, deputising for administration manager when absent.
• Day to day management of client relationships with trustees, scheme members and corporate clients, acting as first point of contact where applicable, taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of their assigned client portfolio.
• Project managing annual projects such as renewals, benefit statements, life assurance, PHI and pension increases. Handling any data processing and administration tasks, ensuring projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
Knowledge & experience
• Able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pensions administration activities and can apply this knowledge to any scheme.
• Previous pensions administration experience of Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes (depending on the role, experience of DB/DC may differ subject to team requirements) including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases. This role is likely to appeal to individuals with a minimum of 5 years' experience although not exclusive as all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
• Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, especially the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business