GENUINELY EXCITING OPPORTUNITY. This industry leading business is looking to add someone with solid Final Salary pensions administration experience to a hugely profitable team. In amongst a business of over 1000 people, this team of 40 generate half of the companies profit and is seen as vital to the growth of the business through 2018/19. If you have Defined Benefit admin experience and want to be part of something big, this opening has got to be worth looking into.
The Company: Our client is a well-respected, progressive and successful Financial Services company, the number 1 provider in their main market in the UK and expanding into new, related markets through 2018/19. From managing 15 DB schemes in 2016, this will be over 80 by late 2018.
The Role: This post is partly responsible for supporting the work carried out by their Pension TPA, so the work will be quite varied, meaning that aside from solid Final Salary experience, good communication skills are vital also. The main areas of your remit will include:
- Checking day to day operational tasks including member queries, monthly funding, reinsurance reporting and data validation
- Checking the payroll calendar, checking payroll recs to ensure reports are issued to clients and checking the monthly reinsurance reporting
- Overseeing the provision of scheme factors and transfer values to TPAs for the issue of member quotations and settlement of benefits ensuring internal SLA’s are maintained.
- Supporting the DB Operations Manager in the daily management of the outsourced TPA arrangements
- Also supporting the DB Operations Manager in the delivery of two key administration projects to transfer the outsourced administration from one provider to another outsourced provider
- Undertaking TPA audits and Operational audits of the TPA and incumbent administrators.
- Tracking and completing any agreed trustee reporting ensuring delivery to agreed dates.
Skills / Experience Required: Naturally, good Final Salary / Defined Benefit pensions administration experience is key. It is essential that you are someone who is client/customer focused, coupled with the ability to manage your own workloads and prioritize a number of different tasks, including projects, based on business volumes and priorities. Any previous supervisory or checking experience would be useful, but not essential.
Additional Information: The salary for this role is around the £30,000 mark with some flexibility possible. There is a healthy bonus in addition as well as a pension scheme, study support and a variety of life/health benefits.
The Senior Pensions Administrator role is just one of many vacancies we are handling. ARC is a specialist within Financial Services recruitment and the Consultant responsible for this role has over 20 years experience in this field. Areas of focus include Sales Support, Paraplanners, Pensions/Mortgage Administrators, Underwriters, Compliance staff, Employee Benefits/Group Risk, Business Analysts and IT related roles. We predominately concentrate on London and the Home Counties, although we have also been successful in offering solutions around the UK. Check the arcconsulting.com website and feel free to call Darren Snell at any time.
- Defined Benefit
- Financial Services
- Pension Administration
- Final Salary