Senior Payroll Software Consultant
Location independent role with frequent travel (3-4 days a week) to customer sites in the UK.
My client is a global business software company that creates, delivers and supports adaptable software and services worldwide. They help dynamic organisations manage their business needs effectively and strive to set the global standard for business solutions that help dynamic organisations to embrace change - simply, quickly and cost effectively.
They provide innovative, award-winning ERP software and services that help organisations streamline and automate their Business processes from accounting and procurement to HR, Payroll and CRM. With a global customer base, they are well placed to deliver ERP solutions to new prospects and existing customers.
Their complete range of Human Capital Management solutions covers all aspects of HR, Payroll, Recruitment and salary review. Whether you are looking for a specific stand-alone system or a total people management software suite, their products deliver the operational agility to better manage every stage in the employee lifecycle, from hire to retire, no matter what changes along the way.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Senior Payroll Software Consultant to join the busy and growing HR / Payroll Consultancy team.
What you need to know about the Senior Payroll Software Consultant role
Their HR and payroll products have seen significant growth both as part of multi-suite deals as well as stand alone. This is a genuine opportunity to join a growing and financially secure business.
You will be a consummate communicator, professional, very friendly, personable, with a good sense of humour and a passion for the benefits that integrated payroll solutions can bring in the enterprise arena. You will be easy to get on with, a team player in the fullest sense of the term.
Your payroll system and domain expertise with be very evident in a way that instils absolute confidence in your customers and allows you to build bridges and long-lasting relationships.
Responsibilities for the Senior Payroll Software Consultant
- Implementation of enterprise payroll business software
- Training of customers either at a customer site or in one of the training locations
- Assisting with the production of training material to support customer needs
- Provision of ad hoc consultancy services on customer site
- Provision of advice and guidance on the best use of functionality
- To assist customers in defining their business requirements through workshops and consultancy using presentational and analytical skills
- To provide consultancy services in all phases of the project lifecycle
- To be supportive of colleagues in the learning process
- To communicate with the Project Manager and other relevant members of the project team, on progress and issues arising during the life of the project
- To follow the company implementation methodology
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of Payroll developments, and be prepared to share them with both customers and colleagues as applicable.
- To maintain an awareness of other company software modules and reporting tools and their impact on Payroll and HR
Essential requirements for the Senior Payroll Software Consultant
- A thorough understanding of payroll processes and legislative requirements
- Professional Qualification (Payroll related, CIPP)
- Must have completed a number of full lifecycle payroll software implementations with enterprise customers (multiple thousands of employees)
- Ideally you will have vendor side experience with products such as Northgate, MidlandHR, Oracle/Peoplesoft, SAP, SDWorx, ADP, Trace, Moorepay etc
- Basic understanding of SQL and database structures
- Payroll implementation experience in the public and private sector
- A good understanding of associated HR systems and processes
- Good communication skills at all levels both with customers and internally
- Have a positive, 'can do’ attitude, taking ownership for the resolution of issues
- Proactive, can achieve deadlines in accordance with strict timetables
- Able to demonstrate the ability to perform under pressure
- Must be committed to frequent travel (3-4 days a week) to customer sites in the UK