Senior Payroll Officer
Becoming a Senior Payroll Officer with HR Solutions:
An exciting and varied opportunity to utilise your payroll experience in a large & dynamic business. This would suit an enthusiastic & motivated individual with some payroll experience looking to extend this further in a team focused environment.
What you will do:
- To establish & maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues to aid delivery of the service
- To deliver a high quality and comprehensive payroll information service to staff and managers.
- To support all activity to ensure payroll is delivered, within the agreed timescales and accuracy levels, and that the payroll tables are reconciled at each month in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To maintain customer service standards by responding to all enquiries within defined SLA's, remaining courteous and professional at all times and to monitor workflows, escalating issues to the service lead, ensuring this operates throughout the team
- Where issues arise, to promote and follow the agreed escalation Protocols to the Client and leadership with the HR & Payroll service
- To actively provide feedback on processes within other teams to provide improvement and reduce referral where possible i.e. HR & payroll processes, intranet updates
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of payroll methodologies and legislation and drive changes in the service to adapt to required changes to maintain an up to date service
- To assist with HR/Payroll related projects as required
- To work with IT support in testing changes to the payroll systems
- To ensure all procedures and processes comply with employment policies, data protection, legislation, diversity issues and best practice
- To support any Internal Audit and external agencies requirements (e.g. HRMC and District Audit) as and when required in the performance of the duties stated.
- Work with and deputise for the Team Leader to provide effective resourcing, coaching to team members in the required technical and behavioural competencies, and induction and probation reviews for new staff.
Your experience will include:
Practical payroll experience, delivering payroll services
Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) including numeracy skills
IT skills to include competency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Written and checking and proofing skills
Excellent attention to detail and strong delivery skills
Experience of managing a service delivery
Time management with the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Experience of delivering to service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Experience and ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience of working with internal and external audit
Project management skills (desirable)
About HR Solutions
Capita HR Solutions helps employers to maximise the performance of their HR functions from core transactional services, through to complete organisational transformation. We meet the HR service needs of our clients by listening to the challenges they face and working with them to create an approach that suits their business, culture and people. From simple transactional services through to organisational transformation, we use a flexible approach to maximise the performance of HR functions and drive greater efficiency for businesses. Join us here and you'll be transforming HR operations around the country.
HR Solutions are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'