We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Due to increased worklaod an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Payroll Controller to join our expanding team.
Service Delivery Manager
Purpose of the Job
To ensure the delivery of an accurate high quality payroll service.
Main Duties - To:
- To ensure that the Service Delivery Manager is fully aware of issues/challenges that could impact Payroll Deadlines being met.
- Process monthly Payrolls as directed by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Work on specific projects as allocated by the Service Delivery and Business Managers.
- Deal with matters relating to HMRC to ensure compliance with statutory regulations, including, monthly download of new tax codes, RTI submissions and reconciliation issues.
- Processing BACS runs for payroll Advances and process same day payments when required.
- Processing and Administration of employee benefits.
- Payroll checking activities including, National Living Wage/National Minimum Wage, exceptions checking etc.
- Undertake periodic data cleanse of data held within SAP.
- Attending offsite meetings when required.
- To be a second point of contact for Group HR correspondence and telephone enquiries.
- To stand in for Service Delivery Manager when absent or when requested/required.
- Continually re-examining processes and procedures to ensure the most effective/efficient processes are in place.
- Complete any other duties as may be required from time to time as allocated by the Service Delivery Manager or Business Manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least five year's Payroll experience in a Senior capacity.
- Previous experience of dealing with high volume payrolls 5000 + employees
- A comprehensive knowledge of Payroll legislation.
- Extensive experience in working in a high pressure payroll environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of excel.
- Flexibility to work on different projects as and when required without necessarily being given a set of specific monthly tasks.
- Previous experience of using and running Payrolls on SAP
- A payroll qualification CIPP or equivalent
- Previously administered employee benefits (including Salary sacrifice) from a Payroll perspective.
- Previous experience of dealing with Real Time Information and other HMRC related matters.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Sound educational background: Minimum A to C GCSE's in English and Maths (evidence required)
- Extensive experience of working in a large customer focused organization
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job.
We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Senior Payroller with SAP