• Responsible for the day to day administration of complex or large sized multiple client payrolls with no supervision; including administer RTI submissions and process end of year forms P60;
• Have an extensive knowledge of various specialist areas such as school, expat, shares, client accounts, etc.
• Have an extensive knowledge of PAYRITE payroll software and be able to run payrolls efficiently using its functionalities such as import/exports, nominal journal, costing and report writing;
• To have an extensive knowledge of pension schemes including a good knowledge of AE administration process and build bespoke pension upload file to pension providers website;
• Assist with various types of client setups and project work, including writing user guides with some supervision;
• Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance, including interpret new legislation effectively and explain to junior team members where applicable;
• Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision and be able to assist the team with associated queries;
• Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise, including assisting the team with associated queries;
• Have an excellent client service and be able to build confidence and turn around payrolls with service issues within the team and assist the team with associated issues;
• Assist with the training of new and existing staff with some supervision;
• Assist with payroll reviews, signoffs and providing feedback where necessary;
• Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels;
• To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll);
• Proactively communicate the full range of services offered by the national payroll team to clients and encourage the team to do same.
• Good IT skills, intermediate level of Excel is essential;
• Previous payroll bureau experience essential, ideally within a professional services environment;
• Minimum 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grades A-C required;
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically PAYRITE;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff;
• Organises own work and prioritises own tasks;
• Good numeracy skills;
• Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy;
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'