Orka Financial is currently working with a client based in Reading on an exciting new opportunity suitable for an experienced Payroll Administrator on a 12-month maternity cover basis.
The working hours are:
- Mon-Fri, 09:00 - 17:00
- Supporting the running of the monthly in-house payrolls.
- Ensuring all payroll documentation is processed onto the payroll system in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all transactions are processed and audited in a timely manner
- Understanding of all Statutory Payments; NI, Tax, SMP, SSP etc
- Handling of payroll queries for employees and direct line managers.
- Support in the completion of requests for information from Government/Statutory bodies as they arise.
- Supporting Pension administration & submissions - LGPS.
Required Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of high volume transactional payroll experiences preferred.
- Experience of working in a high volume transactional and manual payroll environment.
- Good knowledge of Payroll Legislation.
- Understanding of RTI and Pension requirements.
- Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
- Proactive nature and ability to work on own initiative but recognises the objectives of the whole team.
- Personable and approachable nature.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Speed and Accuracy.
- High volume of email and telephone queries daily.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
The successful candidate should have experience in high volume transactional payroll environment which includes monthly and weekly payrolls.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a 2-year’s payroll experience, with a focus on processing payrolls, to meet deadlines and being a direct contact for any payroll queries.
A knowledge of Term Time only contracts would be helpful but not essential.