A great opportunity has just arisen with a large (and still growing) IP practice, located in the heart of London. Our client, a well-established and highly reputable firm, are seeking an experienced Patent Secretary or Administrator to join them. They are offering a unique role that will give the right candidate the opportunity to complete a mixture of duties, that will also include management of own work and lots of client interaction. Due to the nature of the role, you MUST have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within patents and must be confident in your own ability to prepare, amend and file applications, manage diaries and liaise with clients and fee earners across the globe!
Duties include, but would not be restricted to:
- Independently filing patent applications and management of the process required
- Liaise with the records department regarding deadlines and fee earner amendments (including file openings)
- Update and amend records accordingly
- Liaise with EUIPO and UKIPO regarding applications, deadlines, amendments and updates
- Organise busy partner’s diary, manage their travel arrangements, book and arrange business/client meetings
- Undertake varying billing duties
- Client communication tasks (via telephone and email)
- PA duties where required
So, if you are an organised, determined go-getter who is happy to start initially on a contract basis, with a want to succeed and be a crucial part of the fee earners role then do get in touch! You must be hard-working, willing to try and amend different ways of working and have a 'this will work’ approach to all tasks. Working as part of a team along with being self-sufficient is exactly what is needed from you. Due to the nature of the work you must be a competent typist (both audio and copy) and have solid patent experience. If you are CIPA qualified - this will most definitely go in your favour.
The opportunity to work at a firm like this is very rare - they have a super high staff retention rate, and take great pride in staff feedback on how they can improve. Fantastic working environment, along with an excellent salary and benefits bundle are up for grabs!
Dawn Ellmore Employment aims to respond to all applicants, however due to the number of applications received this is regrettably not always possible. If you have not received a response within three working days, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Patent Administrator
- Patent Assistant
- Patent Secretary,