My client is a very reputable and long established firm, seeking to appoint an experienced Paraplanner due to continued growth and success.
Working in collaboration with Financial Advisers, 4 other Paraplanners and colleagues, you will prepare recommendations and produce suitability reports, including implementing recommendations and reviewing the client’s financial affairs, and preparing and maintaining client records.
The role will involve promoting the company’s services in a professional and FCA compliant manner.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in collaboration with Financial Advisers and other colleagues you will deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
- Record your client communications (whether that communication is written, oral or electronic) including client related communications with third parties.
- Working in collaboration with a client’s Financial Adviser you will collect and collate information and data about (and from) the client in accordance with the principle of 'know your client’ and ensure all the required compliance documentation is present and correct.
- You will discuss with the Financial Adviser the client’s objectives, identifying and obtaining the information necessary to compile a financial planning report.
- Working in collaboration with the Financial Adviser you will assist to identify areas for planning and identify solutions suitable to meet the client’s needs and objectives.
- Working in collaboration with the Financial Adviser you will review the client’s investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc..
- You will obtain information, quotes, illustrations and product details, and provide comparisons for analysis.
- You will prepare suitability letters and reports for approval by the Senior Paraplanner and the Financial Adviser in line with company policy and prepare associated accompanying documentation as required. This will include the precompletion of documentation ready for clients to check and sign.
- You may at times be required to assist and provide support with administrative functions, for example: new business processing, re balances and organising future planning meetings with the client on behalf of the Financial Adviser.
- You will commit to continuous personal development, keeping knowledge up to date and retaining supporting records for review.
It is important that the Financial Advisors, Paraplanners and Administrators work well together as a strong team, offering assistance to clients irrespective of whether or not the Financial Adviser is available. You will be expected to cover for colleagues who may be absent.
Participate in all team communications (meetings/emails etc) to ensure a proactive and informative contribution is made.
Make a positive contribution to support the team working collectively and consistently at all times through regular communication, sharing of information, job shadowing, on the job support etc.
- Understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Able to work within defined business processes
- Ability to achieve agreed outcomes without supervision
- Prioritise and plan own workload
- Detailed and accurate
- Excellent inter personal skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi task and prioritise effectively
- Good IT skills
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of maintaining good working relationships in the delivery of financial advice services or similar environment
- Experience in writing complex and detailed reports for cases
- Ability to assess information, make comparisons and identify critical features
- Ability to acquire update and apply new skills and knowledge
- Set own goals and want to deliver agreed targets
- Fully competent in desktop applications (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience in working with various pension and investment providers extranets.
- Communication, Team working, Professional integrity.
- Flexibility: The flexibility for and commitment to continual service development and improvement
- Training: Ability to contribute and support the delivery of a training programme. Be able to work within defined business processes
- Salary range £31,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent working environment
- Career development opportunities.
To apply, please submit your CV via this website.