This is a great opportunity for a Paraplanner to work for a prestigious Wealth Management organisation seeking someone to come in and undertake usual Paraplanning duties, whilst instantly being able to get involved with the advisory side of the business and advise some of the smaller clients on their books. This will inevitably lead to gradually being introduced to the more high net worth client base. A great chance to get a taste for advising!
- Liaise closely with Consultant to gather all required research for production of advice following review, for a fully holistic financial planning service
- Provide holistic financial planning advice to smaller clients within company with a gradual scope of advising HNW clients in the future.
- Gather and provide product, platform and fund research
- Prepare complex research, such as Annual & Life Time Allowance, CGT, Defined Benefit Transfers and Bond chargeable gains calculations
- Realigning risk profile
- Present research in line with company advice format
- Responsibility to keep technical knowledge up to date
- To identify and refer opportunities to improve working practices and / or risk management to enable improvements to be made.
- Working in a client facing team (three or more advisers), serving HNW clients and assisting with the creation of financial planning report in order to meet the client requirements
- Draft and co-ordinate technical documents and research for client presentations
- To develop/ maintain report, email, research note, report writing and communication skills to enable effective communications with the client.
- Possess 5 years recent industry experience
- Possess strong knowledge of pensions, investments, tax efficient savings and protection related products and services
- Good writing skills for both written advice and research purposes
- Possess sound understanding of fund research and demonstrate desire to keep abreast of industry regulations and change
- Hold the Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in Financial Services in a financial planning, research or technical capacity
- Possess excellent research and analysis skills
- Must demonstrate a proactive and positive approach to work and must be able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Must have excellent prioritising skills
- Must be able to work to tight timescales and adaptable to changing demands and priorities
- Holistic Financial Planning
- Planning Advice