Senior Paraplanner - Financial Planner (2020-8689)
Fisher Investments Europe is looking for a talented Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner to join their rapidly growing Financial Planning Department. It is a "hybrid" role that would suit either a level 4 qualified Paraplanner/trainee financial adviser looking to progress into an advisory role, or an existing adviser looking for a modern and efficient approach to private client advice and asset management.
The Financial Planning Department provides regulated financial advice to prospects and to more than 5,000 existing UK clients. Areas of advice include retirement planning (pre and post), pension switches/transfers, cash flow planning, taxation and Inheritance Tax (IHT) planning. Candidates will typically be required to work with pensions, ISAs, General Investment Accounts, investment bonds (onshore and offshore) and trusts. The role offers an exciting opportunity to progress quickly within a truly global asset management firm.
The role is a varied one but can be split into two core areas:
New Business Suitability Reports
- Write the financial advice portion of new business suitability reports for prospects. The reports primarily focus on the suitability of defined contribution pension switches/transfers with meeting clients’ long term objectives at the heart of the advice.
- The advice is owned by the Senior Paraplanner/Financial Planner, hence previous FCA-registered CF30 experience is an advantage. Candidates who have not held previously CF30 status will be helped towards achieving this, following an internal competency programme, typically within their first year in the role.
Providing Ongoing Financial Advice to Existing Clients
- With a growing client base at various stages of life, the role requires the provision of financial advice covering a broad range of topics. These include pension and investment accumulation (pension contributions, carry forward, lifetime allowance (LTA) planning), designing tax efficient cash flow strategies during retirement (effective use of tax wrappers, allowances and exemptions), and later life planning (estate and IHT planning, implementing offshore bonds and trusts).
- Advice will typically be delivered to clients over the phone or via email, with some face-to-face client meetings required as candidates develop within the role.
- University graduate or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Level 4 qualified - Diploma in Financial Planning/Regulated Financial Planning
- Level 6/Chartered status would be an advantage, as would AF3/G60 PTS qualification
- Very strong understanding of financial planning principles
- Genuine desire to provide a high standard of advice and service to clients
- Quantitative in nature, with strong written and oral communication
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Highly self-motivated
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and professional team environment
- Hold CF30 status (or be prepared to progress to this status)
- Detailed knowledge of defined contribution pensions (including safeguarded benefits) is an advantage, as well as experience as a qualified Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS)
Why Fisher Investments Europe:Fisher Investments Europe offers portfolio management tailored to clients’ long-term goals. Client assets are held at recognised European custodians and managed by Fisher Investments in the United States. Fisher Investments and Fisher Investments Europe use a simple and transparent fee
- Communication Skills
- Financial Planning
- Build Trust
- Client Focus