Senior Packaging Technologist
Our client is greatly experienced in manufacturing and developing Fast Moving Consumer Goods on behalf of brand owners. Operating across a number of highly regulated sectors they have a great reputation with in house specialist and accredited facilities available for meeting their customers’ needs. They currently have a vacancy for a Senior Packaging Technologist based at their site in the North West of England.
The main purpose of role is to provide support to the Packaging Manager in the investigation of packaging related issues and NPD project work.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assume responsibility for & to ensure the smooth running of the Packaging Department, in the absence of the Packaging Manager.
- To project manage pack NPD and take the lead on some projects; fully assess options and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Find new cost effective packaging solutions and alternatives which continue to maintain the quality expectations of our customers.
- To strengthen the company’s relationship with customers and suppliers to facilitate new product development (NPD) work and quality / performance improvements on our production lines.
- Organisation and management of production line trials; reviewing the results and making conclusions and recommendations.
- Provide support to production
- To investigate on line packaging related issues including gathering the necessary information and samples; evaluation of the issues and draw conclusions along with recommendations of how to resolve the issue.
- Evaluate initial customer NPD / NBD briefs to establish that the original packaging brief is understood and agreed with the customer; providing input and guidance where required to identify potential issues at the outset of a project.
- Provide a key interface regarding NPD both internally and externally and attend ongoing NPD project meetings with customers and suppliers in order to provide essential feedback and updates on project status to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded.
- To visit suppliers and customers as required in order to resolve issues and for educational and relationship building purposes, this can include foreign travel and being away overnight.
- Perform audits on suppliers to ensure that the approved packaging supplier list is maintained
- Ensuring that specifications are set and agreed by all parties and that technical drawings / information is formalised ahead of production.
- Maintenance of a packaging specification database.
- Ensure that relevant information is gathered to complete "New line form" data for customers so they comply with their retailer requirements.
- Check and approve packaging quality control standards
- To ensure the timely completion of the companies Packaging Waste submission.
- Provide an interface / communication link on internal packaging issues and support to managers and directors.
- Investigate pack related customer complaints
- Obtain supplier information / catalogues to maintain an up to date supplier library
- Educated to at least GCSE level
- Membership of IOM3 and a formal qualification is desirable.
- 5 years plus experience and training is required for this position; this includes a minimum of 2 years in a similar position within a manufacturing environment (preferably contract manufacturing)
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge and experience of problem solving
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job