Senior Packaging Technologist
£27,000 to £30,000
I’m currently seeking a Senior Packaging Technologist! For a well-known food manufacturing company based at their Barnsley site. This is a really good time to join the company - having multiple sites across the region means there is always an abundance of career opportunities available
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Create & develop packaging formats in line with Marketing brand plans and specific briefs. Present a range of ideas to marketing, and then lead the development of these from concept through to implementation.
- Create & develop packaging formats in line with Customer Brand own label specific briefs, and then lead the development of these from concept through to implementation.
- Within the project team support the packaging development process including costings, trials (including objectives, outputs / success criteria etc.), operations briefing, due diligence validation, print runs, process compliance, distribution and retailer handling trials within sites and within co-packers.
- Use effective project management and organisational skills and ensure clear communication both written and verbal.
- Investigate & communicate new technology developments that could support innovation.
- Support and develop a relationship with Packaging & Machine suppliers to identify new ideas.
- Build an understanding of packaging material interactions with diverse range of packaging machines and ensure that the packaging materials key performance criteria are part of the specifications.
- Support and identify areas for value improvement (ie format, material and supplier changes)
- Maintain and update Packaging databases e.g. Hamilton Grant Packaging Specifications, CAPE pallet patterns, cutter guides
- Sign-off of all new artwork against the packaging criteria.
- Ensure business database system is populated with the correct packaging specification information.
- Ensure that all U.K. and International legal requirements relating to packaging are strictly adhered to, and that awareness of amendments / new requirements are maintained and communicated within relevant functions e.g. Packaging R&D, Central Technical etc
- Science based degree in either Packaging, Materials or a Food Science
- Institute of Packaging Diploma
- Up to five years’ experience in a direct packaging technology role in a food/beverage or pharmaceutical environment
- Packaging R&D project delivery from concept through to launch
If you would like to Discuss the role further, or discuss more jobs within the food manufacturing, please contact Jack on: