Our client is seeking a Senior Packaging Designer to join their Design team on a permanent basis.
In this role you will be responsible for the visual and structural design of all packaging, ensuring packaging.
You will also ensure that packaging designs and constructs meet all legal and environmental obligations and are fit for purpose in terms of manufacturing process, cost and timeline.
The focus will be on creating conceptual designs for new projects as well as the adaptation and artworking of existing packaging for new products, whilst also managing a small team.
You should enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and have the necessary skills to work closely with senior stakeholders.
- Creation of new graphic designs for product packaging as briefed by PM team
- Adaptation of packaging concepts to support new product launches
- An exceptional understanding and capability in artwork production complimented with an understanding of the repro process that will enable the delivery of high-class graphics production.
- Effectively communicate and forward artwork files as required to third parties.
- Reacting to channel requests for packaging improvements / adapts - graphics, construction (inc. hang solutions), materials and security solutions
- Create artwork that conforms to the style and content specifications provided with cutter guides and special finishes
- Visualise designs through creative approval process, demonstrating and communicating an understanding of pack construction.
- Work closely with marketing to translate brand, marketing and creative strategies into physical product.
- Keep up to date with industry developments/standards and share best practice/learning with studio team as necessary.
- Filing relevant artwork internally according to internal filing policy.
- Check supplied renders for colour accuracy before sending any artwork
- Deliver final artwork to agreed deadlines and specifications.
- Supervision and management of junior staff members
Skills and experience required:
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Excel in a Mac based environment.
- Solid packaging experience with a full understanding of the repro and print processes; and to take full responsibility for producing accurate print ready artwork
- Excellent typographical and layout skills.
- Strong Photoshop retouching skills and an understanding of spot channels for print ready artwork.
- High proof reading/spell checking skills to produce accurate, quality work.
- Strong attention to detail and possess great design aesthetic.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication, decision-making, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be resourceful and have a strong ability to collaborate and work within a team environment; whilst also being self-motivated and able to work on own with multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of Die-lines and Structural engineering.
- Excellent prepress knowledge.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of visual communication, design and current design trends.
- Experience within the packaging industry and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is desirable.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we cannot respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from the Job Box Recruitment team within 14 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job