Senior Outreach Officer
Senior Outreach Officer
Established and mainly funded by the UK Government, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) is a charity that promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK.
Holocaust Memorial Day (27 January) is the day for everyone to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. It is a time when we seek to learn the lessons of the past and recognise that genocide does not just take place on its own - it’s a steady process which can begin if discrimination, racism and hatred are not checked and prevented.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are currently looking for a Senior Outreach Officer to join our team in London.
- Salary of £31,518 per annum
- 25 days' holiday
- Time off in lieu for any out of hours work
- Support the success of a charity that is striving to make a positive difference to the world
If you have experience of developing professional relationships and can make an impact, this is a unique opportunity to join a charity that educates others about the past and encourages them to challenge today’s prejudices.
You will have the chance to use your abilities to ensure more organisations mark Holocaust Memorial Day, empowering others to create a better future by learning from the events of the past.
As the Senior Outreach Officer, you will support new and existing Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) activity organisers and demonstrate the impacts of these activities.
You will be our specialist advisor on how to effectively mark HMD, building relationships with event organisers and sharing resources to ensure that the number of organisations involved increases annually.
Reporting to the Head of Outreach, your role will also involve:
- Creating resources and reports that show the impact of HMD
- Ensuring that data is captured on all the activities that take place to mark HMD
- Leading on co-ordinating VIPs to attend local HMD activities
- Provide advice on marking HMD to a range of individuals and organisations
- Producing and updating HMD resources
To join us as a Senior Outreach Officer, you will need:
- A track record and experience of developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- An understanding of, and ability to record and demonstrate, impact
- Excellent presentational and communication skills
- Knowledge of data analysis to create statistics
- To be adaptable and flexible
- An interest in, and commitment to, the values of HMDT
- An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities
Other organisations may call this role Outreach Officer, Senior Advocate Officer, Senior Relationship Development Officer, Senior Education and Outreach Officer, Outreach Advisor, Senior Outreach Support Officer, Senior Outreach and Development Officer, or Outreach Analyst
The closing date for this role is the 16th March 2020.
Webrecruit and HMDT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to create change as a Senior Outreach Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'