Senior Outpatient Nurse - Windsor
Senior Outpatient Nurse - Berkshire
We're looking for an experienced Band 6 Nurse specialist for a state of the art clinical facility in Berkshire. The ideal candidate will have experience within an outpatient setting.
- To ensure the provision of high quality evidence-based nursing care in a clinic setting with a focus upon the implementation of smooth and efficient outpatient clinics
- Be a willing and flexible team leader/player, playing a hands-on clinical role that carries with it an opportunity to introduce new services and development of the clinical team in line with service growth
- Implementing and maintaining the highest standards of evidence based clinical care
- Ensuring all care is given in accordance with agreed protocols
- Working in line with and contributing to local delivery of national care standards
- Delivering a seamless service through the development of enhanced communication with key stakeholders and patient care contributors
- Maintaining equipment in line with manufacturer's instructions
- Maintaining clinic rooms to a high standard of cleanliness and stocked to the appropriate levels
- Undertaking chaperone duties
- Assisting the consultants during consultations and with minor operations and procedures
- Carry out diagnostic procedures - such as ECG, swabs, blood tests etc.
- Be proficient in cannulation and venesection as required
- Carrying out nursing procedures including dressings, removal of sutures etc.
- Working with consultants, secretaries and extended members of the multi-disciplinary team to develop clinic records
- Ensuring notes are available for clinics including any results for imaging or blood tests
- Be trained to intermediate life support (ILS) level and to act as a key member of the centre's resuscitation team
- Supporting colleagues in other departments as necessary
- Promoting a culture of learning and continuous quality improvement within the department
- Ensuring all patients are fully informed of the risks and benefits of proposed procedures
- Produce and provide all patients with relevant and accessible written information regarding their procedures
- Support the development of nursing practice within the team
- Contributing to provision of evidence based practice and clinical audit within the outpatient service, raising the profile and enhancing the contribution of nursing to patient care
- Utilising up to date research/evidence to deliver patient care and to disseminate this knowledge to all members of the multi-professional team
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Team player attitude
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills, able to confidently and diplomatically deal with doctors and colleagues when issues arise
- Ability to teach and train others
- Registration with the NMC
- Familiar with treatment planning systems, electronic patient's systems and possess Advanced Microsoft Office skills
Please reach out to Emma Gorman for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'