Senior Orthopedic Physiotherapist
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
As the Senior Orthopaedic Physiotherapist, you will effectively manage an orthopaedic inpatient and day-case caseload and provide highly specialised treatment to patients, using evidence based practice and highly developed clinical reasoning skills. You will be responsible for the safe and timely discharge of patients. Be able to communicate this effectively to other healthcare professionals and refer onwards as appropriate to community teams.
This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week to work Monday – Friday with a variety of shift patterns depending on clinical need.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £40,195 - £44,661 (dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide thorough assessment and treatment to orthopaedic inpatients within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Be flexible to the hospital’s needs. This includes working overtime and weekend responsibilities as need dictates.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and personal conduct, complying with the HCA code of conduct and the HCPC rules of professional conduct.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with Orthopaedic consultants, Occupational Therapists, nursing staff and clinical nurse specialists.
- Maintain open channels of communication with the Orthopaedic Clinical Lead Physiotherapist, Head of Service, and other members of the therapies team.
- Accurately record all charges for physiotherapy treatment and equipment supplied.
- keep up to date records of outcome measures and where applicable analyse data as requested by clinical lead.
- Plan and implement treatment using a patient centred, goal orientated approach.
- Be actively involved in the quality assurance and continuously promote and develop quality improvements appropriate to the needs of the service.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in physiotherapist
- HCPC registered
- Previous orthopaedic Physio experience is essential
- An awareness of clinical governance and good practice is essential
- An awareness of infection control standards.
- Experience of service development strategies is highly desirable.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'