Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist
Location - Oxfordshire
Sector - Pharmaceutical Research
Our client is a leading, multi-national pharmaceutical CRO based in Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their expanding synthetic organic chemistry team. This position is open to recent Chemistry PhD graduates, or MSc graduates with significant industry experience, who are looking for a fantastic opportunity to further their career in the pharmaceutical sector.
This is a position suitable for individuals who have recently graduated with a Chemistry focused PhD or those who have an MSc in Chemistry and significant industrial experience within the pharmaceutical sector. Ideally your PhD will have been focused on organic synthesis as a strong understand of this area of science is essential for a successful applicant. As a Senior synthetic organic chemist you will be responsible for the design of routes and subsequent synthesis of various small molecules to be used as active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). You will also be responsible for overseeing certain projects and getting involved in the medicinal chemistry molecular design aspects. You will do this whilst maintaining internal safety standards, following SOPs and working within a friendly team environment.
Skills and Experience Needed
The idea candidate will have:
- A PhD focused on organic synthesis, or significant pharmaceutical industrial experience.
- Significant understanding of multi-step organic synthesis or total synthesis, gained through a project, placement or industry experience.
- Proven expertise in organic chemistry.
- A problem-solving mindset and the ability to think outside the box.
- The ability to work alone or in a team
- Proven experience of characterisation and purification tools such as: column chromatography, recrystallisation NMR, HPLC, MS / Mass Spectrometry
- Experience in medicinal chemistry would be advantageous.
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Organic Chemistry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'