Senior or Principal RF-Microwave Engineer
£45-60K + Benefits
Kerr operating as an employment business working on behalf of our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Edinburgh for their client, a global defence industry leader. We are seeking to appoint a Senior or Principal RF-Microwave Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for design, commissioning and test of RF/ Microwave circuitry on complex systems.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
- Creating high-quality and robust RF/ Microwave circuit designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- Keeping designs under configuration control
- Providing progress reports
Ideal candidate would have:
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering is preferred but will consider Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- RF/ Microwave design experience including; Microwave PCB materials and design techniques, Microwave Sub-System design, Knowledge of microwave power amplifier design & technology, Design of complex microwave switch matrix, Application of microwave GaAs/ GaN MMIC, Design of complex passive microwave structures, S-parameter manipulation, EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques, Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, Matching network design, Microwave component selection
- Understanding of Radar Systems or Radar Receivers, including experience of Frequency synthesizer design, Receiver architectures and design, General RF and microwave PCB-level design with COTS active & passive components
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following RF/ Microwave design tools:- AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Keysight (Agilent) ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator
- Ability to analyse system requirements and derive detailed hardware requirements
- Experience of debugging & testing new RF/ Microwave circuit designs
- Previous experience of the full hardware design lifecycle and presenting designs for peer/ formal design reviews Self-motivated, with an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the Project
- Engineering Lead, Lead RF/ Microwave engineer & other engineering disciplines
- Experience of liaising with Manufacturing/ Production colleagues and external suppliers of key components and assemblies
- Experience of hardware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Previous experience of designing DDS, PLL, DAC, ADC circuits, high dynamic range / low-noise design & minimising phase noise
- Experience of supervising other RF/ Microwave engineers, planning and managing work for yourself and a small team
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
Closing Date: 30/11/2020
- We accept spontaneous applications via email - do not hesitate to send us your CV, stating what kind of role you would be looking for.
- Please do not hesitate to regularly have a look at the Kerr Recruitment website for an overview of all our vacancies.
- Kerr Recruitment are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
- Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'