Senior Ophthalmic Nurse
£35,000 - £40,000
Senior Ophthalmic Nurse required for this Treatment Centre part of an independent hospital in Plymough. This service provides surgery, and outpatient and diagnostic services, Day case and inpatient surgery specialities including major and minor orthopaedics, ears nose and throat, and general surgery
This service is OUTSTANDING voted in the top 3 hospitals in the country to achieve such recognition
Purpose of Role
As a Senior Ophthalmic Nurse you will assist in the efficient running of the ophthalmology service and co-ordinate the patient's journey from pre-admission to discharge ensuring that their physical, spiritual and ethical needs are met.
You will also provide leadership to the pre-assessment/admission/discharge of ophthalmology patients from the unit, organise and undertake pre-operative assessment, ensuring they are fit for surgery on the date allocated. In addition you will take the lead on developing the pre-assessment process to be nurse led where appropriate.
Additional duties include ensuring all patients are fully informed of their proposed treatment plans and that all questions are answered as well as taking appropriate action for those patients who do not meet the inclusion criteria, managing appropriate referral on to other Consultants, or back to General Practitioners, for further assessment and treatment where indicated.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive relevant experience in acute care or elective surgical nursing with recent experience within the specialism of ophthalmology/ pre-assessments
- Experience in ophthalmic day care/ short stay and inpatient nursing
- Knowledge and skills of ophthalmic surgical care provision
- Knowledge and skills in respect of ophthalmic disease e.g. glaucoma
- Up to date hands on clinical skills including phlebotomy, IV drug administration & performing ECG
- NMC Registered Nurse Level 1 with ophthalmology qualification
- Physical examination training and skills
- Basic / Intermediate life support skills
- ECG and Venupuncture training
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Ophthalmic Nurse to work with a leading private healthcare provider in the Plymouth area with a very attractive salary up to £39,000 DOE.
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Julie on or email your most up to date CV to
Keywords: Ophthalmology, ophthalmics, Ophthalmology Nurse, RGN, inpatients, surgical, acute, A&E, theatre, pre-assessments, medical and nursing, Plymouth, Ophthalmic Nurse, medical and nursing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job