Changing the way the world thinks about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as a Senior Operations Manager in North Somerset
A quick look at the role.
The Senior Operations Manager will report directly to the Senior Business Manager, will be responsible for managing supervisors and their teams and overseeing the overall efficient and effective delivery of the Depot's Transfer Station, Baling Operation and 3 x HWRC sites and associated internal and external haulage.
They will also be overseeing the overall efficient and effective delivery of the Depot's collections operations, ensuring exceptionally high levels of customer service are maintained at all times, whilst delivering on the Contract's KPIs, including health & safety and compliance, and supporting the achievement of the Company's balanced business plans.
The Biffa division you'll be supporting
Biffa's household waste division delivers a range of cost-efficient, quality-led waste management services for 31 local authorities across the UK. With over 3,300 staff and around 1,562 specialist vehicles, our domestic waste management division makes 4.3 million collections each week from over 2.3 million households across Britain.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Providing COTC cover to sites as required to both WTS & HWRCs
- Ensuring that the Supervisors and work teams deliver on all the service requirements of the Contract.
- Working with the Business Manager to develop and implement innovative new and/or additional services for the Client, the Council generally and to external businesses, which continuously improve on the financial performance of the Contract.
- Ensuring that all Company policies and procedures and legal obligations are understood and adhered to by all members of staff.
- Working with suppliers to maximise the benefit of service delivery versus cost.
- Developing and maintain excellent working relationships with the Client and internal/external customers. Attend Client/customer meetings as required. Ensure that all reports required as part of the Contract are delivered in time for meetings and any follow up actions are completed timely.
- Ensuring all records and systems are maintained for the effective and compliant operation of the Contract.
- Working with the Business Manager to ensure that all financial/ budgeted targets are achieved for the Contract including but not limited to overtime, staff numbers and revenue.
Here's what we require:
- CPC Manager qualifications
- WAMITAB COTC Level 4 Qualified (Treatment)
- The ability to work within a commercially driven and time-critical environment.
- Experience of people and health and safety management within a unionised and multi-shift environment.
- Understanding of the waste industry and relevant laws.
- Experience of vehicle management - CPC, tachos, Road Transport Directive
- Knowledge of existing and impending environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Strong knowledge of the local area.
- Proven track record of working to clearly defined service delivery KPI's
- Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment.
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
- IT literate - comfortable using business software and systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, however A-Levels or a Degree certainly won't do any harm.
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'