Senior Operations Manager
A great opportunity for an Experienced Senior Operations Manager, with a proven track record in the successful strategic, operational and financial planning and delivery of complex exhibitions, and the effective management and motivation of a team. This Senior Operations Manager will need to have at least 5 years’ experience within Exhibitions, Events and Conferences.
The purpose of the role is the management, planning and execution of the exhibitions, conferences, and events, incorporating project management, operational and strategic planning, logistics, people management and liaison with internal and external departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Project Managers, Communication Dept. Logistics team, plus others to develop strategies and plans to enable the business to achieve both its financial and operational objectives and goals
- Work with GM and Project Managers to Positively challenge existing ways of working and identify and implement new operational models, best practices and processes to allow the business to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Management of a functional team, operations and functions to ensure delivery, Overall management of team responsibilities, time, and freelance team members
- Mentor the team to ensure that they are providing appropriate support to their functions
- Overseeing the project management of all exhibition related elements of the event, across complete event cycle
- Provide guidance to team members with the development of project plans and critical paths for each event, with clear financial and operational milestones highlighted.
- Provide direction on business schedules, ensuring processes is followed.
- Provide direction on the preparation of service level agreements (SLAs), ensuring processes are followed.
- P&L budget management and maintenance of contribution margin, Project Budget and team budget responsibility
- Oversight of tender activities
- To ensure consistency of approach throughout the team
- To continually work with partners and suppliers, through the team and cross-departmentally to make real improvements to exhibitors/attendees and raise standards at the events
- Experience in Exhibitions/Events Planning and Execution, Customer Service.
- Ability to lead the Operations department team.
- Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Resource management, including recruitment
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Setting and securing approval for KPIs; Challenging and reporting feedback.
- Development and proactive management of milestones, project plans, project reports, and co-ordination of project teams
- Presentation content development and presentation delivery
- Delivering complex reports, displaying analytical skills, presentation skills and providing the recommendation / solution
- Encouraging /motivating people to put forward new, innovative ideas
On top of these standard industry skills you’ll have to
- Be great to get on with
- Have that wonderful (and rare!) balance of analytical and commercial skills
- Love the detail and the deadlines
- Enjoy what your do – let people see your passion
- Be an organised, hardworking, brilliant person
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You’ll be working for a successful and ever-expanding global exhibition organiser based in the Middle East
- The salary on offer is c.£45,000 plus bonus and benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'