Senior Oncology Biologist
Please note: We can only consider EU/UK citizens or others with a valid visa to work in the UK.
Our client is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development with a focus on new treatments for cancer. The company has successfully applied its proprietary Fragment-Based Drug Discovery (FBDD) platform to generate multiple new drug candidates that are progressing in clinical development. The recent acquisition provides the company with an excellent foundation to further expand its oncology portfolio and drug discovery capabilities.
They are currently looking for a PhD qualified scientist to join their biology group, where you will contribute your scientific expertise in oncology, and provide laboratory based support to the evaluation of lead compounds against novel cancer targets. The biology group is continually expanding and the company is opening new facilities to cope with their continued growth making this an exciting to time to join their team.
· Contribute scientific expertise in oncology to project teams and management
· Provide laboratory based support to the evaluation of lead compounds against novel cancer targets and non-clinical support for compounds entering, or in, clinical development
· Lead and influence biology within multi-disciplinary project teams
· Provide input to the strategy and direction of oncology projects
· Independently design and execute preclinical studies and interpret the results of these studies
· Support the drug discovery and translational programs
· PhD or MD/PhD in cancer biology or a related discipline
· Proven experience in drug discovery or translational research, preferably gained in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
· Strong background in oncology research and/or early oncology development
· Demonstrated ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams to progress projects to the clinic
· Strong publication record in cancer biology
· Demonstrable proficiency in a range of cell biology techniques. In-vivo and ex-vivo experience and a working knowledge of immune-oncology would also be an advantage.
My client offers excellent training and career development opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
MAC Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
So, do our clients. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For further information call MAC Scientific on 0333-900-4300