Senior OLE Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - 70,000 per annum (Dependent on experience)
My client is the development partner to one of the largest Rail Infrastructure projects in the world and have other large Infrastructure projects across the country.
They are currently looking for a Senior OLE engineer to come on board to support the delivery of cost effective design solutions for OLE in accordance with HS2's project and statutory requirements.
Description of activities to be undertaken:
- Lead the delivery of safe and affordable OLE design solutions that meet requirements and ensure value for money at each stage of the HS2 development.
- Guide OLE PSCs, drawing on expertise from within HS2 informing and supporting PSCs in delivering design work that complies with HS2 contractual and commercial requirements.
- Identify, assess and manage OLE design risks within the project.
- Ensure technical submissions comply with the accepted format and design requirements.
- Provide OLE expert technical and engineering input, designs, documentation and responses required supporting the hybrid bill through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Attend public consultation and planning forums, working with local communities identifying priorities and meeting with petitioners and affected parties, understanding their concerns to develop the design.
- Liaise with external stakeholders fully capturing their input and balance that with the overall HS2 business and technical OLE requirements.
- Explore opportunities for developing local community benefits and solutions
- Lead interface with National Grid in respect of Traction Power design
- Ensure the Hybrid Bill OLE designs for HS2 Phase Two meets the requirements of the 'end state' railway for in terms of operability and reliability.
- Act as the interface between the development directorate and the Railway Operations Directorate.
- Act as the interface between Technical Directorate and the area teams ensuring design
Experience/Qualifications required for the role:
- Degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent relevant industry experience:
- From a OLE and traction power engineering background
- Chartered engineer (or equivalent relevant experience).
- Extensive knowledge of rail traction and OLE engineering design principles required achieving optimal design outputs.
- Ability to carry out robust independent checks on a wide variety of OLE designs and produce, interpret and assess OLE specifications, standards and technical reports.
- Ability to resolve complex design problems, demonstrating a tenacious approach to tackling problems whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders, demonstrating excellent influencing skill.
- Ability to communicate, engage and influence a variety of external stakeholders at public forums.
- Ability to communicate complex issues to stakeholders.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, delivering under pressure meeting tight deadlines whilst gathering input from other functions.
- Extensive experience of OLE design and engineering, ranging from feasibility to detail design, working on a large, complex infrastructure project.
- Understanding of NR Electrification standards
VGC Personnel Ltd are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy"
This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual but there will be a lot of competition for this position so if you are interested or know someone that is (we do run a referral scheme), please don't hesitate to send me your CV or call me on