Senior Ocean Freight Export Operator - Logistics - Stoke-on-Trent - Up to £30,000
Senior Ocean Freight Export Operator - About the Company
One of the UK’s leading logistics and freight companies. Operate worldwide and can offer a full range of services in the UK, across Europe and internationally across all trade routes.
Senior Ocean Freight Export Operator - The Rewards
- Salary up to £30,000
- Performance based incentives
- Great development opportunities
Senior Ocean Freight Export Operator - Requirements
- A minimum of five year’s experience in working within an Operations or Transport office.
- Ocean Export experience
- A good knowledge of Ocean Export procedures and documentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to work well within a small team and use own initiative
- Computer literate
- Flexible and adaptable attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong knowledge around FE consolidation
Preferred Experience but not essential:
- Prior experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Ocean Export
- Knowledge of customs clearance and multi modal documentation
- Some Knowledge of imports
Senior Ocean Freight Export Operator - Responsibilities
- Providing a valuable service in our Ocean Freight department, to organise the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods for sea exports.
- Handling of worldwide sea, export LCL and FCL shipments from start to finish.
- Providing a high level of customer service at all times and building good business relationships with clients.
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with customers new and old.
- Liaising with customers, overseas agents and shipping lines.
- Rate negotiation with providers to ensure maximum profit per shipment.
- Arranging customs clearances
- Dealing with any clearance queries/problems and resolving to minimise delays.
- Booking in jobs.
- Keeping customers advised and updated at all stages of the export process.
- Invoicing and administration - approving vendor invoices and creating customer invoices and sending POD's.
- Handling export quotations.
- Liaising with hauliers and internal transport team.
- Any duties/tasks as requested by your Line Manager or a Director.
Detail2Recruitment acts as an employment agency in respect of this position. We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If your application is taken forward we will record your personal information and contact you to discuss the role. We may consider you for other relevant roles we have that we believe will be of interest to you. Your personal information will be held securely. For more information please refer to Detail2Recruitment webite.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'