Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where no two days are the same? We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed Senior Nurse to join our team at HMP Northumberland!
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is a national provider of critical primary and forensic healthcare services for the public and private sectors. We have delivered services to police forces and within secure sites throughout the UK since 2005 with customers in local government and the NHS.
We are a friendly and well-established team looking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed registered nurse. G4S nursing service supports the ANP/GP service and has a population of 1340 patients. Your role would include administering medication, working in primary care clinics and responding to healthcare emergencies around the prison. There is a Public Health programme which you will also participate in.
We support nurses to participate in physical assessment skills training and prescribing courses, where appropriate, and place a high value on development and career opportunities. The opportunity to extend clinical skills are offered through access to training with our partner Universities, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy.
Benefits as a Senior Nurse:
- Salary of £31,901 - £38,767 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Shift Pattern/Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 0730 - 1930, Friday 0730 -1800, Saturday - Sunday 0800 – 1800, working 37.5 hours per week.
As Senior Nurse, you will ensure the provision of a nursing service that meets the physical and mental health needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Management of a team of nurses and healthcare assistants including appraisals and clinical supervisions
- Management of the rota
- Supporting band 5 nurses with physical assessment and patient triage
- Responding to medical emergencies
- Teaching and mentorship in a clinical setting
- Running triage clinics'
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Criteria for a Senior Nurse:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all level
- Experience of working within financial constraints
- Experience of working within a Secure environment
- Experience of involvement in innovation or change
- Experience of facilitating in an area of training
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification or have a desire to undertake this course and put learning into practice within a reasonable time frame
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
We welcome visits to the prison due to the uniqueness of this nursing setting. We offer competitive rates of pay for successful applicants, dependent on experience and qualifications.
Offers are subject to terms and conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'