Cygnet Victoria House is a 25 bed mental health inpatient service for men based in Darlington. The service, split across two wards, provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. Our team works closely and collaboratively with service users, their families and the referrer to provide a seamless pathway from referral to discharge. Our approach is recovery focused and supported by comprehensive multi-disciplinary teams, contributing to shorter lengths of stay
- Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
- Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
- Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
- Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients.
- Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee recognition initiatives
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health check
You will have...
- Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
- The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
- The ability to deputise in a clinical manager role
- An interest in leadership, research and assessment
- Experience in Rehabilitation / Acute / Personality Disorders
Cygnet Victoria House is a 25 bed mental health inpatient service for men. The service, split across two wards, provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission.
Victoria Ward is a 17 bed male ACUTE service. The service provides a safe and stabilising environment for men who are experiencing an acute episode of mental illness and require an emergency admission. The ethos of our service is about assessing and treating service users in the least restrictive environment and planning for discharge in a robust and timely fashion. With a focus on stabilisation, we will support service users to manage their mental health, reinforce daily living skills and prepare for independent life back in the community.
Albert Ward is an 8 bed male PICU service at Cygnet Victoria House and accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and ultimately return home. The service provides expert, intensive, short-term, individualised care for service users detained under the Mental Health Act. Service users will present with increased risks that require them to be assessed and treated in a PICU environment
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'