Senior NPD Scientist
A well-established Cardiff based biologics company with strong expertise in the development of food and pharmaceutical ingredients is seeking a senior scientist to join them on a permanent basis. The company is going through an exciting period of growth and as such, the opportunity for exposure and development is strong.
An opening has arisen for a Senior NPD professional to work within the NPD team as a project leader and subject matter expert. This position is a step away from the laboratory (likely 20% maximum lab work) though experienced candidates will be considered who desire no laboratory presence.
- Technically lead enzyme development projects (primarily fermentation and downstream processing)
- Efficient planning, execution, data analysis and clear communication with project team members for completion of project deliverables on time
- Deliver high level technical leadership for internal and external customers on time
- Prepare and deliver customer reports, internal reports, presentations and literature searches
- Generate novel /innovative solutions and improvements as part of developing new products
- Identify and develop relationships with customers, key external partners and experts
- Support the writing of technical plans and work packages for project proposals
- Train, develop, coach and mentor lab technicians and work placement students
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum MSc or PhD in relevant life science subject
- Applicants MUST have expertise in either fermentation OR downstream protein production
- Ideally 1-2 years’ relevant work experience (but PhD graduates with the right attitude may be considered)
- Previous project management experience would be preferred but can be trained
- Knowledge of enzyme production processes is preferred
- Commercially minded with a preference to work in industry
- Attention to detail and focussed on end results
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
Harris Lord has been engaged on an exclusive basis with this client to manage the recruitment process.
Harris Lord is working as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
- Development Projects
- Technical Leadership
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'