Senior NPD Food Technologist, Ossett, West Yorkshire
The Company is a BRC accredited leading specialist manufacturer of coatings, seasonings and flavourings for the food industry supplying major manufacturers throughout the world.
- Devises and implements new ingredient formulations and recipes in the area of seasonings & functional ingredients within our business
- Delivers technical expertise to develop and refine prototypes in line with customer requirements.
- Maintain full independent account responsibility.
- Work in partnership with customers and Sales team within budgets and guidelines to successfully secure new business and retain and develop existing business.
- Delivers customer / commercial information/presentations including costs.
- Conducts customer training & represents R & D at customer visits/plant trials.
- Human resources management - Actively train and develop R&D personnel, Supervise the work of Technologist and Kitchen Assistants.
- Expert at formulating company products for customer's applications.
- Degree or equivalent in Food Science or Culinary Arts or similar.
- Substantial knowledge and experience of the food industry, including ingredient supply, food processing techniques and equipment associated with seasonings, batters and breadings.
- Good sensory abilities and experience with a wide range of flavours and tastes.
- Ability to discern subtle difference in taste, texture and aroma of a wide range of components.
- Effective Communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ideally fluent in French (& English) but other mainland European languages beneficial.
- Experience of working with European and UK customers.
- Industry experience pertinent to product development from design, factory development to product delivery stage.
Salary: from £32,000, + pension, Health care cash plan, discretionary annual bonus.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: NPD Technologist, Development Chef, NPD Technologist, Specifications Writer, Development Technologist, Process Technologist, Technical Assistant, NPD Graduate, Product Developer, NPD Coordinator, Quality Systems Technician, Quality Systems Coordinator, Specifications Officer, Leeds, Wakefield, Ossett, West Yorkshire, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Halifax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job