Senior Non Current Asset NCA Accountant
Sutton Coldfield, B75 7RL
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
Are you an experienced accountant who is ready for a new challenge within a specialist and unique organisation? DIO is responsible for managing MODs estate and providing assurance and sound advice on the financial information of that estate is a key requirement.
As Senior Non-Current Asset Accountant, you’ll lead a team of 4 individuals, providing governance, advice and analysis to a range of stakeholders over the use of the MoD estate, as well as providing assurance to senior leadership through robust reporting over the effective management of its estate.
The post advertised is for 37 hours net, however the Ministry of Defence offers a range of flexibilities to enable a better work-life balance for employees. Flexible working, Part-time working and Job Share working patterns will be considered.
The Senior NCA Accountant post provides strategic support to DIO and MOD (estate) asset financial management. The role is to provide governance, advice and guidance to a number of stakeholders within DIO and across the MOD.
Responsibilities- Lead and Manage the Non-Current Asset (NCA) team to provide assurance on DIO’s NCA Register, driving continuous improvement in processes and procedures;
- Provide governance, interpretation, advice and guidance on property asset financial accounting requirements and their application within government accounting;
- Support effective NCA management through driving the consistent application of appropriate behaviours and practice across the wider organisation.
- Drive DIO’s engagement with relevant departmental work and projects around Balance Sheet management;
- Manage the asset revaluation process for DIO Finance, ensuring appropriate financial governance and oversight;
- Provide NCA audit information and support to the Annual Report and Accounts (ARAC) and NAO audit process;
- Deliver (and evolve) robust, monthly reporting in support of DIO’s NCA element of the Department’s balance sheet.
Applicants should be aware that as part of the Defence Estates Optimisation Programme it is anticipated that the DIO Sutton Coldfield site will close and all staff will be relocated to Defence Medical Services (Whittington) near Lichfield as the preferred new site option. This relocation is currently expected to occur in the Summer of 2020
It is essential that the successful candidate holds the following:
•CCAB or equivalent accountancy qualification or part-qualified accountant. Note, part-qualified applicants must have completed and passed all exams up to Strategic level - be at finalist stage. Applicants will be required to provide copies of exam certificates at interview.
•strong technical skills (excel, and Finance systems particularly Oracle), a sound understanding of accounting and financing issues and experience of Government Finance Requirements. They will have excellent communication skills, be able to apply an analytical approach to problem solving and provide robust financial data, information and insight. Experience of working in a collaborative environment.
There will be a requirement to travel to other MOD sites.
About our Team
DIO Finance provides a range of technical expertise and support to DIO and its customers in areas including accounting, financial control, decision support, scrutiny, planning and analysis. In doing so, we support effective decision making across the wider Department.
The team are responsible for providing financial and technical expertise to DIO and its customers, across financial accounting and controls . Lead on DIO Balance Sheet Management, Finance Assurance Framework controls, provide DIO element of MOD Annual Report and Accounts, DIO lead and co-ordination for NAO Audit, provide specialist accounting and VAT advice and technical query (inc PQs and FOIs) responses.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD’s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation – GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
• CCAB or equivalent accountancy qualification or part-qualified accountant. Note, part-qualified applicants must have completed and passed all exams up to Strategic level - be at finalist stage. Applicants will be required to provide copies of exam certificates at interview.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Developing Self and Others
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Developing Self and Others
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Finance Competence Framework (2) – Financial Governance
- Finance Competence Framework (4) – In year Financial management
BenefitsBenefitsWe are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented and diverse people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
• Highly competitive pension scheme
• Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months serv
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'