Our client is changing the way genetics researchers discover and interact with human DNA data. Data access is difficult and time-consuming, a bottleneck for advances in cancer and genetic diseases research. Our ambition is to empower and enable our users to build a strong community around finding, accessing and sharing genomic data.
We’re looking for passionate engineers with experience building clever web platforms who want to make a real impact on health research.
- Contribute towards architecting and developing our core platform and infrastructure enabling fast discovery and efficient access to genomic data.
- Bring technical vision, a great work ethic, and a positive attitude to contribute in your team and projects.
- Write efficient, thoroughly tested and proactively optimize server-side code to ensure high performance and robustness - our current stack is Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic.
- Translate feature requirements into sound, creative software solutions.
- Enable Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI).
- Explain complex technological concepts in a simple fashion.
You should have:
- A minimum of 2 years building software platforms at scale, dealing with many machines, and debugging real systems.
- Solid coder skils - you have a passion for writing clean, effective and well test codes, regardless of the language/platform you use.
- Strong fundamentals in computer science, engineering, data structures, and software design.
- Excellent understanding on how the web works. Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP and how a proper RESTful API looks like.
- Experienced with WebSockets and messaging systems.
- Relational and non-relational databases, columnar stores, caching, key value stores, etc.
What you’ll get:
- Personal development- Conferences and workshops, huddles and hackathons. We like learning.
- 25 days holiday- Plus UK public holidays. Use them up.
- Stretch yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop- Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days- Last time we went go-karting other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip
- A balance- Wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.
- Data Structures
- Continuous Integration