This role presents an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, multi-site entertainment business where you will be dealing with employees, customers and business processes at various locations during night-time operational hours. The aim of the role is to support the driving of income through contact with venue teams, offering support through training and coaching, acting as a senior touch and escalation point for customers whilst overseeing the business through multiple operational visits and/or being an unseen presence by utilising remote technology, monitoring performance and providing guidance for operational and security improvements and service enhancements to our extensive customer base.
No two nights will be the same; the role is very varied and whilst there are the operational night checks to be completed, there are fun aspects too - you could be dancing with a customer during a big night party giveaway or helping promote the business by assisting with the setup of an event in a venue. On a more practical and serious note, you will also be dealing with our external security professionals to ensure we have appropriate and adequate cover where needed.
As the senior post holder, there will be a responsibility for supporting and coaching a further Night Operations Manager, as well as liaising and co-ordinating with Regional and Area Managers on issues such as operational security, customer service, premises and people.
The Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 18 years or over (due to gambling legislation)
- Able to work independently and also with others/teams
- Able to deliver a high level of customer service and demonstrate interpersonal skills with both staff and customers
- Able to manage from a distance (previous management/team leading experience is essential)
- Able to act as an advisor
- Able to build rapport quickly
- Able to deal with investigative and disciplinary matters
- Able to drive and travel extensively throughout the UK (full driving licence)
- Able to co-ordinate multiple events/activities across a geographical area
- Comfortable with handling cash and monitoring the security of cash processes
- Confident in promoting products and services in relation to continual business improvement
- Confident and experienced in resolving employee relations issues
- Computer literate (e.g. Word/Excel)
- Able to display a good standard of mathematics
- Very customer focused, reliable, trustworthy, energetic and a multitasker
- Have the drive and ambition to succeed and achieve targets
- Able to work calmly, methodically, professionally and without supervision, under pressure.
The role is very hands-on and you will be expected to embrace every aspect of the business operation. There will be extensive travel on a regular basis, working to a planned rota, but there will be a requirement to remain flexible to adapt to the needs of the business operation.
In return for your hard work and commitment, the successful candidate will receive significant bonus opportunities in addition to base salary and pension, plus 33 days` holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays. A company vehicle will also be provided for the role.
As you would expect from a fast-paced, seven-day business, the busiest times are when customers are having fun, so weekends and Bank Holidays are an integral part of this role. Ideally you will have previous management experience as a minimum and possess a commercial awareness to develop the role to achieve maximum business performance.
If you have a background in retail, leisure or gaming and are ready to take on this challenge, then apply now!
Keywords: Keywords: Manager, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Leisure Manager, Hotel Supervisor.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to for further consideration.
- People management
- full licence
- multi site retail management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job