We are recruiting for a Night Care Assistant on a permanent basis for a lovely Residential Care Home near Stonehouse.
JOB TITLE: Senior Care Assistant - Night Shift
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Manager/Proprietor
1. To assist day staff in preparing residents for bed, as required.
2. To help residents with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
3. To carry out regular checks on residents throughout the night, according to intervals set by Senior Care Staff and with due regard to residents' individual wishes.
4. To answer promptly all nurse alarm calls, assessing each situation and dealing with any resident who is seeking help. In cases of emergency to summon duty Senior Care Staff and if necessary to call the emergency GP and / or summon an ambulance.
5. To assist residents who need help or reassurance, providing light drinks or refreshments where required.
6. To carry out regular checks on the building, with particular reference to fire prevention and external security (all windows and external doors secured etc).
7. To launder, iron garments and linen, mending / darning where practical.
8. To awaken residents in the morning at their requested times, as appropriate. To assist residents to rise, wash and dress, and where appropriate proceed to the dining room.
9. To help maintain a safe and healthy environment in the Home with due regard to appropriate Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Regulations. To report all accidents to the Night Shift Person-in-Charge.
10. To read and write reports, and to participate in staff and residents' meetings as appropriate.
11. To participate in training activities / course, as directed by senior staff.
12. To assist with End-of-Life Care for residents who are terminally ill.
13. To undertake other duties, as necessary.
14. To complete tasks and sign cleaning schedule by the end of shift.
You will need to have NVQ Level 2 with previous night care and supervisory experience.
Hours full-time: 40hrs per week from Sunday to Wednesday night from 21:00 to 07:00
Hourly rate: £9.00 - £9.50ph
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'