Senior Network Engineer
Albert Dock, Liverpool
Excellent Salary Package + Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance + Enhanced Benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Network Engineers looking to progress their career with Yodel. We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to maintain current IT Infrastructure and contribute to the development of the existing network.
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
• To maintain current IT Network infrastructure
• Contribute to the development of the existing network & improving existing setup
• Working with stakeholders to ensure resolution of incidents
• Ensure an excellent service is provided & the customer is always put first
• Working with project teams to help design and implement IT projects.
• Mentoring and supporting junior members within the team.
• Pro-active Monitoring of network to identify issues before they cause incidents
• Fault resolution of all faults and the ability to escalate to network manager and use 3rd party resource.
• Configuration change of networking equipment working alongside the change processes
• Installation of networking equipment at all Yodel sites across the UK
• Ensuring backups of all networking equipment
• Operate on-call for 24/7 support outside of normal working hours
The ideal Candidate for the role will Possess:
• Technical Knowledge of SD WAN, LAN, WLAN, VoIP / PSTN connectivity, Sourcefire , Cisco Meraki, Remote Acces, Skype, Datacentre & Cisco
• 3rd line network support experience.
• The ability to take a structured approach to own work and demonstrates leadership potential.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, customers & stakeholders.
• A disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
• The Ability to produce adequate report documentation and ensure this is maintained
• The Ability to provide advice, guidance and assistance to colleagues as required
• The Ability to conduct meetings with clients, users and development staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job