The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in the Industrial Automation networking sector now referred to as Operational 'OT' Technology.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Achieve BPSS clearance and potentially SC.
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Be able to run, administer and grow a small team of engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrate competence in the configuration and support of primary vendor (Cisco) network equipment.
Have the following formal qualifications
- ITIL Certification
- Industry Certification (Cisco CCNA/CCNP)
- Driving Licence
The role will encompass the following:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS) in accordance with OT best Practice (Cyber Essentials, CESG Good Practice Guide 13)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer's networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Do regular data backups to protect the organization's information
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions