Senior Network Engineer
Network Engineer. My client, a large West Malling based Financial Services firm, is looking for a Network Engineer to come on board as part of their broader IT operations community. You will act as the 'Communications Specialist' and will be responsible for supporting and improving the availability and resilience of the company's IT infrastructure. You will be responsible for proactively managing the Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, and Communications circuits utilised, including all aspects of network performance, scalability, maintenance and security.
You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and enforcing a range of operational disciplines to prevent critical outages that include but are not limited to:
- Solution Design, Scoping & Implementation.
- Systems resilience, Backup & Recovery capabilities
- Growth & Capacity Planning
- Systems & Data Security and Risk Management
- Event, Incident and Problem Management
- Preventative maintenance, including patching and upgrades.
You will also support the IT Solutions and Project Delivery team with their project & change demands, assisting with solution scoping, architecture, prioritisation and delivery of the assigned tasks.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Recognised IT qualifications such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
- Experience working within a technical support role delivering network solutions
- Strong knowledge & experience of Cisco enterprise switching & routing infrastructure
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of fully resilient networking and communications solutions.
- Highly developed knowledge of Layer2\3 network architecture including VLAN's & DMZ layering principles.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN\WAN networking principles including MPLS, VPLS, VPN, P2P etc
- A good understanding of integration with cloud services -specifically MS Azure and Office 365
- A good understanding of network Intrusion detection\prevention solutions and network access controls.
- Experience of bandwidth management, packet shaping and traffic prioritisation solutions
- Knowledge of Proxy Servers & Load Balancing technology -e.g. F5 / Citrix Netscaler.
- Competent in the configuration and use of monitoring solutions -e.g. PRTG or Solarwinds.
- Experience of enterprise WLAN solutions, for seamless cross site services and guest/corporate user segregation.
- Experience of VPN & 2 factor authentication mechanisms to deliver controlled 3rdparty\remote access.
- Experience of managing both physical and virtual firewall infrastructure & rule base controls.
As an Network Engineer at this company you will be rewarded with a basic salary up to £60,000 as well as an exeptional bonus & benefits package.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply' and send in your CV for immediate consideration.
- Load Balancing
- Network Engineer
- Cloud (Azure)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"