- To work ‘on call’ approximately one week out of every four. There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
- Maintain procedures and where applicable work to improve and document new procedures.
- Ensure that all Advanced & client networks are being appropriately monitored.
- Assist in maintaining the 24/7 operation of the network infrastructure.
- Apply a proactive approach to infrastructure support.
- Communicate effectively with all personnel and ensure information is accurately disseminated.
- Develop and maintain good relationships
- To perform other duties as may occur from time-to-time as instructed and agreed by the Networks Manager
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP®)
- Cisco Certified Security Associate (CCNA-Security®)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA-Wireless)
- HPE Master ASE (FlexNetwork Solutions)
- Experience of enterprise wireless networks
- Detailed understanding of HPE Networking (Procurve and FlexNetwork series)
- 2-3 years Network Engineer or Network Analyst
- Comprehensive knowledge of network packets/frames including the ability to analyse and debug layers 1-7.
- Experience of the following routing protocols and technologies: OSPF, BGP, MPLS and VRF
- Experience of HPE multi-layer switches and routers, including 5900 series, 5130s and MSR series
- Experience of firewall and VPN operation and troubleshooting with Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience of using and maintaining network monitoring tools such as HPE IMC and Solarwinds Orion/NCM.
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting Motorola wireless products, including RFS7000 controllers (WiNG4 and WiNG5)
- Proven ability working in high-availability production environments within commercial data centres.
- Familiarity with network-centric applications such as TACACS, RADIUS, and Syslog would advantageous, as would experience of 802.1x network authentication.
- Any experience of F5 BIG-IP LTM deployment and administration would be beneficial.
- Experience of Check Point SmartConsole would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of cabling, fibre and connectivity technologies and standards.
- Ability to own, prioritise and be responsible for own workload.
- Can-do’ approach;
- Professional approach and manner, proper dress and personal presentation;
- Highly developed communication skills even when under pressure.
- Vigilant and focussed.
- Ability to nurture a positive image of company, and to adhere and positively contribute to the companies rules, regulations, processes, ethos and culture.
- True Customer Care dedication.
- Interest and dedication to keeping well informed about developments within the IT industry, especially new networking technologies.
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job