What we do?
The Academia Technology Group specialises in the supply of software, IT hardware, training and service solutions to the public sectors, business and pro media markets. Established in 2003, we employ over 80 dedicated professionals across multiple locations throughout the UK with a group annual turnover of over £55m. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.
We have more recently moved towards the managed services provider (MSP) area, developing our own cloud infrastructure and carrier grade network. This is built across multiple DC’s in London and we’re looking to expand this heavily in the next financial year.
What we a looking for?
Are you dynamic and looking for a fresh challenge within the MSP/ISP arena? Do you have excellent ISP networking skills focused on Juniper? Are you able to take on challenging projects, able to quickly learn new technologies and mentor others? Then you’re the perfect fit for the Senior Network Engineer opportunity within Academia.
The role will mainly be project orientated, both infrastructure and solution delivery working with multiple teams such as Technical Services, Project Management and Sales. The role will require a solid understanding of ISP networking fundamentals, a design background will be extremely beneficial to help scale the infrastructure as the business needs continue to grow.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the strategic development of the London metro expansion, working with vendors and other carriers to increase the metro footprint.
Ideal Experience and Skills:
• CCNP/JNCIP- Not essential, equivalent experience accepted.
• Strong Juniper Exposure (MX, EX, SRX) in a service provider environment.
• Practical knowledge of BGP (communities, metrics), OSPF, MPLS (IPVPN, VPLS, pesudowires).
• Good understanding of VPN (IPSEC, SSL), IPS/IDS and DNS.
• Understanding of carrier routing, utilising multiple IXP and transit providers.
• Ability to liaise with suppliers, partners and customers with strong communication skills utilising SLA escalation matrix’s when required.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects with hand on experience. From initial design scope, operational delivery and project sign off.
• Provide solutions to meet business / project requirements based on both industry and corporate standards. Understanding both the commercial aspect as well as technical delivery in all requirements.
• Able to effectively advise industry best practices, to help director level decisions on infrastructure product road-map and strategy.
• Possess critical thinking and analytical skills with an ability to evaluate complex scenarios quickly and provide accurate resolutions.
• Support the development of junior engineers within the team, guiding them to achieve their own responsibilities and network fundamentals.
• Any exposure to Linux, VMWare, EMC Storage and Backup Solutions is definitely an advantage but not a requirement.
- Computer Systems
- Network Infrastructure
- Computer Technology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job