Network Engineer - Cisco - SDWAN
Fantastic opportunity with a household name brand and an extremely interesting organization for a Network and Security Engineer. You'll report to the infrastructure lead and take involvement in design, implementation and support of the core IT infrastructure for the business. You'll also act as part of a design authority group on projects.
You'll be joining the organisation during a period of significant IT change and as such, there is considerably opportunity to take involvement in strategic changes and project work associated with these infrastructure improvements.
This includes assisting with a company-wide rollout of Software Defined WAN ( SDWAN ), across an incredibly complex multi-site Wide Area Network.
It is a genuinely exciting time to join this business which will offer significant potential to enhance and grow your career.
Appropriate training will be provided and there will be potential to attend relevant conferences and expo's relevant to the work you are undertaking. Occasional UK travel will be required.
What you'll do:
Technical design and implementation of network technologies including:
- Technical SME working in a matrix organization with Service Delivery Managers and network Analysts for projects and BAU activities within agreed scope and timeframe.
- Supports the development of technical Design Authority to define and deliver appropriate enterprise level technical strategies, processes and solutions in line with industry, division and group standards.
- Delivery of 2nd/3rd line network support.
- Plan and execute changes in accordance with Service Delivery Management and Change Management policies and processes.
- Documenting procedures, processes and high and low-level designs.
- Research and keep up-to-date with current and emerging networking technologies.
- Work collaboratively with support teams/colleagues, suppliers and group to deliver technical solutions per business requirements.
What you'll need:
- Strong experience with LAN and WAN support, administration and implementation
- Experience of Firewalls (ideally CheckPoint, although this is not a must-have)
- Experience of Remote Access Solutions / VPN
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audience
- Good understanding of existing and emerging technologies and related practices.
Ideally you'll also have:
- Formal IT Service Management Certification (ITIL/COBIT)
- Relevant Vendor Certification (CCNA, CCNP)
- Understanding of the principles and practice of enterprise architecture and related IT (ideally with exposure to relevant frameworks).