Job; Senior Network Consultant - Stockport
This company delivers Managed IT Services and Technology Solutions for forward thinking organisations tailored to their strategic and operational needs. Their services include Service Desk, Agile Desktop Computing, Infrastructure Management, IT Automation and IT Consultancy. They work with on-premise, cloud and hybrid solutions.
The key purpose of this senior network consultant role is to provide expert level technical capabilities to ensure they deliver quality assured projects, as well as pre-sales and post-sales support to their growing client base. They are looking for a someone with advanced Cisco switch, router and firewall experience as well as a good understanding of server and virtualisation technologies. Their successful candidate will be working with a team of Senior Consultants to deliver services to their clients over a range of verticals.
- Design and implement technical solutions from their approved technology stack and to suggest new & innovative technology where applicable to client needs
- Project documentation handover
- Senior escalation point for Managed Services Support teams
- Adhere to incident and change management processes
- Constant improvement of technical capability, through training and knowledge share
Essential Skills and Qualifications;
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Cisco CCNP
- Experience designing and supporting highly resilient network infrastructures
- Experienced support of other network vendor firewalls
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- VMWare experience
- Microsoft stack experience
- Understanding of TCP/IP principals
Desirable / nice-to-have;
- Cisco CCIE
- Experience with HCI platforms, Nutanix, VSAN
- Experience with VMWare clustered infrastructures from initial design through to conception utilising vCenter, vMotion and shared storage.
- Implementation experience and detailed understanding of different types of storage solutions.
- Writing of Pre-Sales Client Proposals
- NetScaler cluster installation and configuration
- Citrix NetScaler design and support for multi-site environments with automated DR using Global Server Load Balancing
- £’s; fully DoE up to approx. £70k (neg.),
- Benefits; 25 days paid leave + Bank Holidays, Contributory Pension Scheme - 2%, Company sick pay (after qualifying period), Free independent financial wellbeing advice, Tailored personal development plans and career journey planning, Funded training, Free parking, Laptop & company mobile phone, Environment that focuses on your wellbeing; Ping Pong, PlayStation 4 VR experience, Giant Jenga, quarterly company social events as well as annual company event, Free vitamins to keep you fit and healthy, Free refreshments, Free fruit
- Location; Stockport with occasional travel to Doncaster when required
- Interested? Please send your (Word) CV,
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; Cisco CCNP resilient network infrastructures vendor firewalls VMWare Microsoft stack TCP/IP CCIE HCI Nutanix VSAN vCenter vMotion Pre-Sales Client customer NetScaler cluster Citrix Stockport Manchester North West Senior Manager Lead Consultant Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'