Over the past 2 years my client has been on one of the most visionary digital transformation journeys of any company within Financial Services and they continue to move towards being a “Digital First” organisation.
You will be involved in the development and support of internally developed desktop, mobile and web applications. You will be required to manage the application lifecycle from concept to delivery along with post launch support. In addition to delivering applications locally, there is the requirement to be heavily involved in driving this strategy globally.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Acting as a developer within Global Infrastructure & Ops.
- Working closely with others leading platform development
- Deliver across the entire development lifecycle (concept, design, build, test, deploy, release, support).
- Working directly with developers and stakeholders to conceptualise, build, test and realise products.
- Able to gather requirements and translate these into functional solutions and rapid prototypes.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest industry trends, especially in relation to technical approaches and solutions.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Research and identify new technologies that will aid in the development of solutions.
- Create and maintain operational and support documentation.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and complexities.
- Able to quickly learn new concepts and approaches.
- Able to share ideas effectively with other members of the team.
- Able to work independently to a design or specification.
- .NET Framework (C# preferred).
- Visual Studio.
- Knowledge and awareness of SOLID development principles and design patterns.
- Unit Testing. (eg. NUnit).
- Version Control (eg. GIT).
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving, debugging and analytical skills.
- Able to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve performance and reliability.
- Experience working with issue tracking tools.
- Experience with mobile development eg. Xamarin.
- Active Directory / LDAP.
- Cloud Hosting (eg. Azure or AWS) and Cloud Provisioning (eg. Terraform).
- Experience of the development lifecycle (eg. CI, DI and UI testing).
- Experience with integrating with 3rd party services and APIs.
- Experience with productivity tooling.
- Experience of the Agile methodology.
What will I get from this role
- £45,000 Salary
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related 8% bonus and pay review
- 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If this role is of interest please press apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job